Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 2: March 7, 2009 - Hanging with Aunty Sarah

Day 2: I had recently got a BabyCenter email:
Many babies are happy and outgoing at this stage. If yours is, then this an ideal time to show her that other people can love her almost as much as you do. Try letting her spend some time getting accustomed to warm, trusted caregivers and babysitters. The experience will help her feel more secure a couple of months down the road, when separation anxiety makes its entrance and your little extrovert becomes more reluctant to leave your side.
With this on my mind I decided to talk to Aunty Sarah about her previous offers to babysit, we had hung out earlier in the week so Ed and her had a chance to reacquaint with each other. He even fell asleep on her in the Ergo while we had walked around the ROM...so cute!! So Saturday came around, DH and I had decided to go see Coraline in 3D downtown (it was great btw). This was Ed's first time being away from Mom and Dad, the entire time leading up to it I didn't think I would freak out but I did a bit, trying to think of everything I could to possibly tell Sarah: his likes, dislikes, toys, food, dogs...yabbber, yabber, yabber...on and on and on :)


Of course Ed decided to take a 1.5hr nap and only woke up as we should have been leaving the house, so I nursed him quickly and we took off...after getting stuck in a few traffic jams we made it into the theatre just as the previews were starting. Aunty Sarah tell us that Ed was great for her...I had suspected that he might be but was still a little nervous. I think I was the most amazed that he had even went down for a nap...something Dad and I even had a hard time with not so long ago :)

0 comments: