Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 1: March 6, 2009 - Balmy Swinging

I found this great idea about documenting a year in the life of your child with photos, basically taking a picture everyday to see how they grow and change. I went back through Flickr and tried to see if I had any significant consecutive sequence of days but there are huge gaps between picture taking in the past 6mos so I figured I'd start now and get Ed from 6mos to 18mos. It will also give me an opportunity to hone my photography and Photoshop skills.

So since the weather has started getting a little nicer and Ed's gotten better with his neck and upper body strength I've wanted to get him to a swing at a park to see how he likes it. On two separate occasions I've passed parks while on foot but Ed's been sleeping and I never wake my sleeping cutie :) On Friday we went to Ed's first birthday party, we had a great time hanging out and playing with the other babies and moms. The weather was so nice, something around 14 degrees, I decided to walk over to the Junction with the stroller. Barely 15mins into the walk I had to take off my jacket because I was sweating....YES!!!

So after the party, DH wanted me to head over the Blockbuster and see about buying a video game so I took the long way around Keele and the Stockyards. Ed got a little fussy after finishing up in the store so I put him in the Ergo and proceeded to push an empty stroller home. We were passing a park and he was awake and the weather was still great so he went for his first swing...YAY! He was a little apprehensive at first but overall enjoyed himself.

Here's Day 1:

0 comments: