Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Men are Party Animals!

So I am in disbelief right now, DH's Christmas party was this evening and both of us were prepared for the worse as it was Ed's first time out after dark, let alone his bedtime. We were certain we'd be heading home after an hour or so...but here it was 12:11AM when I pulled outta the driveway to come home. I'm uncertain as to how I am going to pay for keeping him out so late, but we'll wait and see :) Eddy gave a stellar performance, he cranked a few times but nothing unresolvable without a bit of dancing/walking or swaying to the incessant tunes of Madonna blasting over the stereo. He was able to chill out with his friend Joey and Aunty Sarah :P His outfit was a hit, just like Daddy.

Just like in the crowded family washroom at Dufferin Mall on Thursday, it was so loud and crowded at the party Ed had a hard time nursing, in fact, he was so distracted and overstimulated he just wouldn't latch at all for any length of time, I ended up packing him up and moved to the car which I started up for heat and he was finally able to eat in peace to the lovely sounds of his World Lullabies CD. I also got in a diaper change which I'm sure helped ease his mood.

The party was at Tappo, the food was amazing, the decor was fabulous, the servers superb and the night was great...with the exception of the 7 consecutive Maddona songs they blasted after supper finished. Apparently, we were originally supposed to eat around 8:30pm but I think it the end it was closer to 10pm. I'm glad I got DH to make me a grilled cheese earlier in the evening before we left. For appetizer I ended up with:

ANTIPASTO FREDO - trio of cheese, cured meats, marinated olives, roasted peppers and vegetables.
--It looked great, but unfortunetly I only like 2 of the cheeses, lol...I let DH take whatever else he liked :)

BISTECCA AL AMARONE - dry aged "USDA " beef striploin nape with an Amarone wine reduction served with roasted garlic whipped potato and daily vegetables
--Oh man, this was amazing...I really could have eaten two of these plates with twice as many potatoes...so good!

and a super yummy Tiramisu for dessert, which I almost missed because it arrived while I was out in the car with Ed but luckily DH saved it for me when I got back in, what a super guy!

0 comments: