Saturday, December 20, 2008

Distracted by the Holidays


Well it's been a while since I posted, and it will likely be a little while longer before I do again. We're off on Sunday to our hometown to showoff the monkey and celebrate the holidays. On one hand I'm looking forward to it and the other I'm a little nervous about how it's going to upset the monkey's schedule. Just like he surprised me at the Christmas party, I'm sure he'll be fine but it's going to be 12 days of running around...I'm praying for decent weather.

Mother nature dumped a load of snow on us today, and originally I was taking our two dogs to their kennel 1.5hrs away but called ahead and ended up taking them on Thursday. I could not have imagined driving that long in the storm--just me, the monkey and two whining dogs. Ed was superb during the drive, he fussed a bit before falling asleep on the way there. I nursed and changed his bum after dropping the dogs off and monkey was asleep again before I hit the highway home.

The other bummer is that I'm sick, mainly a head and throat illness and I'm fairly certain Ed has it too. He's been fussier today and coughing more (knock on wood no stuffy nose yet), sleeping like a champ most of the time. I'm really hoping we're fine for the Sunday flight and that nursing through the ascent and descent will be sufficient...I'll be dropping our entire dish of hard candies into my purse.

We aren't having a tree this year because of going away, I'll post last year's because I was and am so proud of it. For those of you who get a real tree, the thing I love the most about them (except the lovely scent) is how you can pick up any ole tree that the lot has left and regardless of how haphazard it looks, string some lights and splash some decorations on it and VOILA!! Amazing!!!

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!!!

1 comments:

Junction Mama said...

good luck on the flight and happy holidays!