Sunday, December 7, 2008

Breakfast Lasagna

I cut this recipe outta a magazine and I think it looks scrumptious. I haven't actually made it yet, but figured I'm straightening up and instead of having the recipe laying around I'll post it here to share as well as immortalize it on the internet for future reference.

Ingredients
12 slices of bread, crusts removed
10 slices of Canadian back bacon
10 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cups milk
dash Tabasco
1/2 cup unsalted butter
crushed Corn Flakes

Directions
-Set 4 slices of bread into an 8x8" buttered ovenproof baking dish. Layer with slices of bacon, followed by cheese and finished with 4 more slices of bread.
-Repeat to make another layer and then top with the last slices of bread.
-In a bowl, beat eggs and pepper together. Add mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco.
-Pour over layers, cover and refrigerate overnight.
-In morning, melt butter and pour over top. Cover with crushed Corn Flakes and bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350F. let rest 10 mins before serving.
-They also say you could serve with Hollandaise sauce (with a dash of lemon and black pepper) for a zesty finish.

Serves 8.

I really hope it's as good as it sounds and that my stomach can handle the eggs. I haven't tried any since being pregnant and they didn't agree with me after just realizing that I like the taste of them since I hated eggs as a kid.

Enjoy!

0 comments: