Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Declutter Challenge Week 1: Desk/Office-Part 1

kickypants has offered up a decluttering challenge which I have accepted and the first project is the desk and office area. I have two desk/office areas in my house. One is downstairs in our family room and used frequently as it has the only computer in the house atm. We have another "computer closet" as it's been dubbed upstairs but since Christmas it's computer busted and I haven't had an opportunity to fix it. The computer closet has the luxury of having doors so it can be closed off when the desk gets overwhelmed with stuff...let's just say the doors have been closed for a while and it's recently become a major dumping ground.

I've tried several times in the past to get these areas under control but they are #1 on the list of reoccurring offenders. I guess I've yet to come upon a system that works for me on a regular basis. The problem is papers! I am inundated with papers, more and more papers and I only get like 3 paper bills now a days. I took "before" pictures tonight...I can't believe I'm going to post these, it's very embarrassing, lol :)

Main Floor "Computer Closet" - yes those are butternut squash, lol, they need to be kept somewhere cool and this area at the back of the house is a little cooler and they needed to get off the kitchen table :)


Family Room Computer Desk

0 comments: